Saturday, October 20, 2012

Florida Writer's Association




I love to write, but I did not know the first thing about being a writer. I joined an online  writers workshop, where I received an education on just how ignorant I truly am. The writers were supportive, insulting, derogatory and uplifting. What a wonderful experience this has been.

One of the writers who have taken me under his wing goes by the name of seabrass. He resides in Minnesota. I live in Florida. Isn't the internet great?

During one of our review/reply exchanges, he spoke of the FWA conference. I did not know what the FWA was. So this nice man from Minnesota explained the Florida Writer's Association. I became a member immediately. I signed up to join the conference right after that. 

The conference is finally here. I have met my mentor, whose pen name is Charles Brass. I have learned so very much. And the one thing I have grown a deeper understanding of...Just how ignorant I truly am.

I love being a writer!

No comments:

Post a Comment