Saturday, January 19, 2013

Groupon Ads


I received an email ad in my inbox today with a banner reading, “Get out and have fun.”

The ad offered six online classes, two television related offers, two board games, one software package, an iPod docking station, one magazine subscription, one projector (yes, projector) and a savings on $40 t-shirts.

So, I’ll wear my $40 t-shirt and take six computer classes while downloading software and watching television. I’ll listen to my iPod while reading my magazines and flipping through my favorite slides. Then I’ll play a board game with, um, well; maybe my online classmates would like to Skype a game!


If there were such a thing as truth in advertising, the banner would have read,  "Stay in and let us sell you more stuff."

No comments:

Post a Comment